X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.
laptop battery fire Kathleen Cancel of Farmingdale, N.J., purchased a battery for her daughter’s computer on July 31, 2016. On Sept. 9, 2016, after the laptop was left sitting on her daughter’s bed, a fire started. (Photo: Shutterstock)

A federal judge in New Jersey has ruled that Amazon.com can’t be held liable as the seller of a laptop battery that allegedly caught fire and destroyed the customer’s home.

PropertyCasualty360

Join PropertyCasualty360

Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed decisions for your P&C insurance business. Join PropertyCasualty360.com now!

  • Unlimited access to PropertyCasualty360.com - your roadmap to thriving in a disrupted environment
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including BenefitsPRO.com, ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com
  • Exclusive discounts on PropertyCasualty360, National Underwriter, Claims and ALM events

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join PropertyCasualty360

Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.