Verisk Analytics announces the lineup for its 2011 Verisk Insurance Solutions Customer Conference, to be held Oct. 2 to 4, at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts in Florida. This event will provide attendees with the latest information on emerging property & casualty insurance industry trends and will offer opportunities to network with peers, share best practices, and learn about the latest capabilities and products of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics.
The eight companies and divisions of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group offer risk assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in many disciplines throughout the p&c insurance industry. The group includes Insurance Services Office (ISO), Xactware, AIR Worldwide, Atmospheric and Environmental Research (AER), Quality Planning, Crowe Paradis, Insurance Information Exchange (iiX), and HealthCare Insight (HCI).
Conference highlights include:
- Keynote speaker Bill Taylor, founding editor of Fast Company: Using lessons from a variety of disciplines, Taylor will illustrate how to shake up the property & casualty industry, transform companies, and recharge for success.
- Informative panel discussions: Panel discussions will include industry leaders speaking about key challenges facing the insurance market and a roundtable featuring regulatory and compliance experts from across the nation.
The conference agenda features sessions on the following critical economic, industry, and technology issues:
- Leveraging social media for claims and underwriting
- Best practices for fighting medical provider fraud in property & casualty insurance
- Use of predictive modeling for commercial and personal lines
- Effective decisioning through big data analytics
- Insurer compliance with state reporting requirements
“Helping customers succeed in assessing, recognizing, and managing risk encapsulates the mission of our multifaceted Verisk enterprise,” says Scott Stephenson, president of Verisk Analytics. “Throughout the 2011 Verisk Insurance Solutions Customer Conference, we look forward to showcasing collaboration and capabilities that can enhance the growth of our customers.”
Registered attendees include insurance executives, vice presidents, line managers, and professionals in insurance underwriting, claims, data management, business development, marketing, risk management, information technology, actuarial, analytics, and research.
Verisk conference attendees can also receive eligible continuing education credits for the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter continuing professional development program (10 points) and the Insurance Data Management Association continuing education program (12 points).
By attending the Verisk Insurance Solutions conference, Casualty Actuarial Society members can qualify for up to 11.7 credits, Registered Professional Adjusters can qualify for up to 8.5 continuing education credits, and Certified Insurance Fraud Investigators can earn up to 4 continuing education units.
For details regarding each program’s specific requirements, visit the Verisk Insurance Solutions Customer Conference Continuing Education web page at www.iso.com/ce-credits.
For more information about the 2011 conference, visit www.verisk.com/cc. The conference is for Verisk Insurance Solutions customers and invited guests.