Getting The Most From Download Agents reportthat company download to their agency management system varies inaccuracy, thoroughness and procedure from company to company.

Comments such as this have driven the Agents Council forTechnology (ACT) to conclude that we can do better with download,particularly in commercial lines, and ACT set up a work group toverify current problems and to recommend improvements. The workgroups full report has just been published and can be found on theACT Web site.

Download remains very important to independent agents andbrokers because they want to be able to handle 80 percent ofcustomer inquiries from their agency system databases. They thenneed efficient company interfaces to secure the remaining 20percent directly from the companies in real-time by making apolicy, billing or claims inquiry.

Continue Reading for Free

Register and gain access to:

  • Breaking insurance news and analysis, on-site and via our newsletters and custom alerts
  • Weekly Insurance Speak podcast featuring exclusive interviews with industry leaders
  • Educational webcasts, white papers, and ebooks from industry thought leaders
  • Critical converage of the employee benefits and financial advisory markets on our other ALM sites, BenefitsPRO and ThinkAdvisor
NOT FOR REPRINT

© 2024 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from www.copyright.com. All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.