June is well underway, and companies are focused on keeping workers safe during the summer months. Heat exhaustion and new or seasonal workers are only some of their issues. For risk managers, they’re also concerned about their workers’ compensation programs, primarily helping employees who are injured while keeping costs down. It’s a difficult balancing act, but many risk managers are doing a great job. If you’re one of them, we want to hear from you by Monday, June 24.
Do you have a unique risk management approach or a success story to share? We and your fellow workers’ comp managers want to know about it. We encourage you to enter your program in the National Underwriter Excellence in Workers’ Compensation Risk Management Award program today. The award recognizes those with outstanding loss control, safety and return-to-work programs, and it’s open to companies of all sizes in all industries.
Profiles: 2018 award winners
To give you an idea of the kinds of organizations that participate in National Underwriter’s award program, here are brief profiles of the 2018 winners:
2018 Winners’ Profiles:
- New School: The Dallas Independent School District’s Workers’ Compensation Program dramatically cut spending while putting teachers and students first.
- All in the Family: For Cosentino’s Food Stores, improving workers’ comp performance means putting people first.
- Choosing Life: International Paper is on a mission to make its workplace safer than ever — and it won’t stop until fatalities and life-impacting injuries are a thing of the past.
How to nominate your workers’ comp program
To nominate your company for an award, you must be a risk manager or someone who works in the risk management department of a U.S. company, responsible at least in part for the organization’s workers’ comp program. You also must fill out an application, including a company profile, which will be kept confidential. We must receive your application by Monday, June 24, to be considered.
If your program is selected as one of the three award winners, you’ll receive the following:
- An exclusive feature profile in the August 2019 issue of National Underwriter Property & Casualty and on PropertyCasualty360.com.
- Round-trip airfare to the leading event for workers’ comp professionals — The Workers’ Compensation Institute’s Educational Conference, on Aug. 11-14 in Orlando, Fla. where we will present the awards — and three nights’ hotel accommodations. (Learn more about the event here.)
- The opportunity to discuss your award-winning accomplishments during a featured panel discussion held at the Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference in Orlando.
Don’t delay! Send in your Excellence in Workers’ Compensation Risk Management Award nomination today!