Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Adjusters Should Holster ‘The Hammer’

Here is an example of how a simple change in process can make the claims adjuster’s job easier, and increase the chances that a customer will stay.

Of all of the time an adjuster spends negotiating, about 10 percent is spent negotiating the dollar amount of something–either the actual cash value of some object, or the daily rate of pay of some coverage, etc. The other 90 percent is spent negotiating for something else.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free
PropertyCasualty360 Digital Reader.


  • All PropertyCasualty360.com news coverage, best practices, and in-depth analysis.
  • Educational webcasts, resources from industry leaders, and informative newsletters.
  • Other award-winning websites including BenefitsPRO.com and ThinkAdvisor.com.

Already have an account?



Join PropertyCasualty360

Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed decisions for your P&C insurance business. Join PropertyCasualty360.com now!

  • Unlimited access to PropertyCasualty360.com - your roadmap to thriving in a disrupted environment
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including BenefitsPRO.com, ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com
  • Exclusive discounts on PropertyCasualty360, National Underwriter, Claims and ALM events

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join PropertyCasualty360
Live Chat

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.