About the SBCS Small Business Coverage Specialist Designation
The SBCS SMALL BUSINESS COVERAGE SPECIALIST curriculum is based on the most important document in the insurance industry: the insurance policy. The curriculum is presented through four Coverage Guides and five e-learning programs. Materials are adapted from expert insurance coverage materials produced by the staff of FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation and Coverage Guide Series.
Students completing the SBCS program have demonstrated extensive knowledge in a critical functional area of property and casualty insurance practice-insurance policy coverage-and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Who is it for?
The SBCS Designation is recommended for the following
Licensed Agent, broker,
CSR or Solicitor
Those with at least one year of
full-time experience in the insurance
industry or as a risk management practitioner
Benefits of Attaining the SBCS Designation
Advanced coverage expertise and career professionalism.
Complete reference set of Small Business Coverage Guides from the editors of renowned FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation.
Industry and peer recognition for advanced knowledge in coverage areas.
Optional CE credits may be available for various components of the SBCS Designation program. Contact Customer Service for instructions PRIOR to taking your exam.
The SBCS Small Business Coverage Specialist designation is earned through ALM |PC360 Education or through an authorized instructional academy. The curriculum is presented through four Coverage Guides and five e-learning programs. Materials are adapted from expert insurance coverage materials produced by the staff of FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation and Coverage Guide Series.
Score of 70% or better on each of the following SBCS Coverage Exams:
- Introduction to Commercial Insurance (Online Elearning and Online Exam)
- Businessowners (Online Elearning, Coverage Guide, & Online Exam)
- Small Business Auto (Online Elearning, Coverage Guide, & Online Exam)
- Workers Compensation (Online Elearning, Coverage Guide, & Online Exam)
- Home-Based Business (Online Elearning, Coverage Guide, & Online Exam)
Complete a Request for SBCS Designation form
Your GBDS GROUP BENEFITS DISABILITY SPECIALIST certificate will be mailed to the address you provide on your Request Form. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for processing.
AUTHORIZED INSURANCE ACADEMY
Register as a student with an authorized insurance academy
Complete the course of study as required by the provider, including satisfactory scores on program examinations.
The authorized provider will provide you with a Request for SBCS Designation Form upon satisfactory completion of the course of study, and will forward the form to:
ALM | PC360 Education
4157 Olympic Blvd, Suite 225
Erlanger, KY 41018
attn: Continuing Ed Dept.
- Introduction and Eligibility
- Introduction and Eligibility
- Lesson 3: Additional Coverage’s and Extensions
- Lesson 4: Liability Coverage
- Lesson 5: Common Policy Conditions
- Lesson 6: Common Endorsements
III. Small Business Auto
- Analysis of the standard business auto policy
- Endorsements used with policies
- Discussion of coverage issues
IV. Workers Compensation
- Coverage Part I
- Coverage Part II
- Duties and Conditions
- Federal Workers Compensation
- Lesson 6: Issues in Workers Compensation
V. Home-Based Business
- Eligibility and Policy Overview
- Property Coverages, Exclusions, and Conditions
- Business Income Coverage: Loss of Income; Extended Business Income
- Business Income: Extra Expense; Civil Authority; Options; Limitations; and Exclusions
- Liability Coverage: Who is an Insured; Coverages and Limits
- Exclusions Applying to Liability Coverages Part I
- Exclusions Applying to Liability Coverages Part II
- Options and Endorsements