NU Online News Service, Sept. 16, 2:03 p.m. EDT
Richard Savino has been elected president of Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc.
He is partner, president and chief executive officer of Warwick Resource Group with based in Warwick, N.Y.
Savino has been a member of PIANY since 1985.
He is one of the founders of InsureHelp.com, a virtual firm aggregating specialty products offered through independent agents.
Other officers elected to one year terms are:
• Michael Skeele was elected president-elect. He is president of Skeele Agency in DeRuyter, N.Y.
• Alan Plafker was elected first vice president. He is president and CEO of Member Brokerage Service LLC, in Briarwood, N.Y.
• Eugene Sandy was re-elected vice president. He is director of marketing for the Millennium Alliance Group LLC, in Syosset, N.Y.
• John Parsons II was elected vice president. He is vice president of Parsons and Associates Inc., in Syracuse, N.Y.
• Tony Kubera was elected treasurer. He is director of business development for Russell Bond & Co. Inc., in Buffalo, N.Y.
• Amy Bryan was elected secretary. She is owner of Bryan Insurance Agency with officers in New Windsor and Wappingers Falls, N.Y.
• Donna Chiapperino will serve as immediate past president. She is director of marketing for Jimcor Agencies in Montvale, N.J.
• Michael Plafker, commercial lines customer service representative for Member Brokerage Service LLC in Briarwood, N.Y., was elected president of the New York Young Insurance Professionals.