Head of the Line
Click through to check out biographies of the brokers, carrier executives and risk managers dealing in Environmental insurance who offer their perspective throughout PC360-NU’s January digital issue. The subjects also offer additional thoughts on this line, including their views on why more clients should strongly consider this relatively inexpensive but highly valuable coverage.
PC360 speaks with Bill Pritchard, president of Beacon Hill Associates, a wholesale broker specializing exclusively in environmental-insurance solutions for commercial insureds. He addresses capacity, pricing, emerging risks, and top-of-mind concerns among both buyers and carriers.
- Solar Insurance Costs Drop by Half Since 2010
- Vacant Property’s Environmental Risks
- Climate Change Hurts, Report Says
- U.S. Farm Bill 'Windfall' Option Could Cost Billions Extra: Study
- Report Urges Extreme Weather Superfund in Wake of Sandy
- German Insurers Face Higher Hail Storm Cost Bill
- Government Shutdown's P&C Impact: Crop Insurance Claims Handling
- September Environmental Disasters Highlight Various Ways Insurance Can Respond
- Climate Week 2013 Panel Advocates a Culture of Urban Resiliency
- Business Looks to UN Report for Clarity on Climate Risks
- Colorado Floodwaters Menace State's $41B Agriculture Sector
- Hurricane Forecasts Missing Mark but Peak Season Now Threatening
- SCOTUS’ Monsato Decision Affects Agency E&O
- FSU Model Designed to Better Gauge Tornado Risk
Drought, heat and hot wind conditions racked up $17.3 billion in insured crop losses last year, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The standard rap on Environmental insurance is that organizations only purchase it when they have to—required either by regulatory bodies or lenders to secure the coverage. But it’s a different story for at least some of the clients of Marsh, the dominant Environmental brokerage.
Beacon Hill's producers talk about what they are seeing in the market, noteworthy trends, and give their "take" on the environmental insurance marketplace.
- Case Studies in Environmental Risk Management
- Environmental Coverage Guide: Sites & Facilities
- Understanding Risk Associated With Contaminants of Emerging Concern
- Broader Coverage in the Specialty E&S Market by Brett Amick
- Water Remediation Contractor by Bob Varnes
- Company Growth in a Renewal Account by Jamie Lewis
- Soil Remediation and Scrap Metal Recycler by Michael Tighe
Resource CenterView All »
NetQuote's detailed, real-time leads have boosted sales for thousands of successful local agents across the...
The excess and surplus market (E&S) provides coverage when standard insurance carriers cannot or will...
This whitepaper will share proven techniques - used by many of the industry's top producers...
Unlike other forms of insurance where standard policy language prevails, with D&O policies, even seemingly...
Whether it’s a chocolate factory or an industrial wastewater treatment facility, cleanup and impacts to...
Incorporating more data earlier in claims lifecycles can help you reduce severity payments by 25%*...
Every home is vulnerable to flooding. Learn four compelling reasons why discussing flood insurance with...
Big Data, Data Lakes and Data Swamps, How to gauge your company's Big Data readiness....
Today advancements in technology are making a big impact on business and society. To yield...
In this two-part series, NBIS Risk Management team will break down the requirements to assist...