Head of the Line
Click through to check out biographies of the brokers, carrier executives and risk managers dealing in Environmental insurance who offer their perspective throughout PC360-NU’s January digital issue. The subjects also offer additional thoughts on this line, including their views on why more clients should strongly consider this relatively inexpensive but highly valuable coverage.
PC360 speaks with Bill Pritchard, president of Beacon Hill Associates, a wholesale broker specializing exclusively in environmental-insurance solutions for commercial insureds. He addresses capacity, pricing, emerging risks, and top-of-mind concerns among both buyers and carriers.
- Solar Insurance Costs Drop by Half Since 2010
- Vacant Property’s Environmental Risks
- Climate Change Hurts, Report Says
- U.S. Farm Bill 'Windfall' Option Could Cost Billions Extra: Study
- Report Urges Extreme Weather Superfund in Wake of Sandy
- German Insurers Face Higher Hail Storm Cost Bill
- Government Shutdown's P&C Impact: Crop Insurance Claims Handling
- September Environmental Disasters Highlight Various Ways Insurance Can Respond
- Climate Week 2013 Panel Advocates a Culture of Urban Resiliency
- Business Looks to UN Report for Clarity on Climate Risks
- Colorado Floodwaters Menace State's $41B Agriculture Sector
- Hurricane Forecasts Missing Mark but Peak Season Now Threatening
- SCOTUS’ Monsato Decision Affects Agency E&O
- FSU Model Designed to Better Gauge Tornado Risk
Drought, heat and hot wind conditions racked up $17.3 billion in insured crop losses last year, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The standard rap on Environmental insurance is that organizations only purchase it when they have to—required either by regulatory bodies or lenders to secure the coverage. But it’s a different story for at least some of the clients of Marsh, the dominant Environmental brokerage.
Beacon Hill's producers talk about what they are seeing in the market, noteworthy trends, and give their "take" on the environmental insurance marketplace.
- Case Studies in Environmental Risk Management
- Environmental Coverage Guide: Sites & Facilities
- Understanding Risk Associated With Contaminants of Emerging Concern
- Broader Coverage in the Specialty E&S Market by Brett Amick
- Water Remediation Contractor by Bob Varnes
- Company Growth in a Renewal Account by Jamie Lewis
- Soil Remediation and Scrap Metal Recycler by Michael Tighe
Resource CenterView All »
What is a prior work exclusion? Which option is right for my client? Why do...
Insurance marketing sometimes seems like it's a game of swings and misses, but we're here...
Cyber risk and data security is on the agenda of every business owner and executive....
Do rigger and signalperson qualifications correlate with the cause of crane and rigging accidents? ...
In property and casualty insurance, closing new business quickly is key. Learn how to leverage...
Help property owners or managers compare your commercial residential property insurance coverage vs. the competition....
Are your clients fully covered for Vacant Properties? In this economic climate, your insureds may...
This package of 3 concise risk management articles offers straightforward content and practical suggestions law...
Accidents happen. But when it's an errors and omissions oversight, that accident can open your...
Whether you work alone or have a team of agents working for you, we can...