Gary Patterson has been appointed executive vice president and commercial property & casualty leader at USI Kibble & Prentice. Prior to his role with USI Kibble & Prentice, Patterson was national sales manager for Deckers Outdoor Corp.
Marsh has appointed Sastry Durvasula to the newly created role of chief digital officer and chief data & analytics officer, effective August 14. Durvasula joins Marsh from American Express where he was enterprise head of data and digital technology.
Insurity Inc. has announced the following appointments:
- Jeffrey Glazer - executive chairman, effective immediately
- Chris Giglio - CEO, effective immediately
Seraina Macia has been appointed executive vice president and CEO for AIG. Macia joins AIG from Hamilton USA, where she was appointed CEO in 2016.
The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA or the Big “I”) announced that Charles E. Symington Jr. will now serve as the association’s senior vice president for external, industry and government affairs. Symington joined the Big “I” team in 2004 as vice president of federal government affairs and has risen through the ranks.
Neeley Klubert has been appointed account executive for USI Insurance Services for their Ohio office. Prior to joining USI, she was director of ancillary sales and marketing for Medical Mutual of Ohio.
Mark Gibson has been appointed reinsurance and alternative capital director, effective immediately, for Neon. With 30 years experience in the sector, Gibson joins Neon from Argo Group, where he spent 5 years as director of alternative risk markets.
Boston-based Veruna has announced the following appointments:
- Marcia Berner - program manager
- Nancy Stasyshyn - director of training
Mikel A. Glavinovich has joined Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV) as an insurance coverage and litigation partner in its Los Angeles office. Prior to joining KDV, Glavinovich was a shareholder in the litigation department at AlvaradoSmith APC in Los Angeles.
Trusted Choice has promoted Kevin Brandt as its next executive director. Since 2007, he has run the Trusted Choice day-to-day business as director of operations.
Willis Towers Watson has announced the following appointments to its North America Corporate Risk and Broking (CRB) business:
- Mark Rusas - CRB Northeast region leader
- Will Eustace - head casualty coverage officer
- Jim Dorion - head of liability claim consulting and carrier relations, part of the company's risk control and claim advocacy business
- Henry Daar - head of national property claims, part of the company's risk control and claim advocacy business
Brent Lombardi has joined National Real Estate Insurance Group as president. Most recently, Lombardi served as a corporate risk officer for Grange Insurance.
Lockton has added Christina Zapantoulis as the leader of its marine team in its Northeast U.S. operations, based in New York City. Zapantoulis joins Lockton from Krauter & Company in New York where she has been an executive vice president and property practice leader with deep experience in cargo, marine, builder’s risk, and complex property programs.
Hiscox USA has announced the following appointments:
- Joseph Reynolds - vice president, architects and engineers product head under its Professional Risks division
- Thomas Rea - vice president, professional liability product head under its Professional Risks division
CNA has appointed Robert Thomas to the newly created position of senior vice president, claim analytics, finance and operations within the company's worldwide P&C claim organization. Most recently, Thomas served as senior vice president and chief P&C actuary at The Hartford.
Patriot National Inc. announced that its board of directors has accepted the resignation of founder, chairman of the board, president and CEO Steven M. Mariano and appointed John Rearer as CEO. He joined Patriot Underwriters in 2005 as vice president of underwriting and most recently served as CEO of Patriot Underwriters Inc.
Former Flatiron Capital executives Bruce Lundy and Axel Kloch have launched National Partners, a new premium finance company. Lundy, a co-founder of Flatiron Capital, served as president and CEO; Kloch served as executive vice president and COO.
Chubb has announced the following appointments within its Global Casualty and Excess Casualty lines of business for its North America Major Accounts division:
- Bill Rabl - executive vice president, Chubb Global Casualty
- Lou Capparelli - executive vice president, Chubb Global Casualty Field Operations
- Bill Hazelton - executive vice president of Chubb Construction Industry Practice, Environmental and Excess Casualty
- Joseph Fobert - executive vice president, Chubb Excess Casualty
Tokio Millennium Re AG (TMR) has appointed Brian Secrett chief underwriting officer and member of the executive committee, effective October 1. He will join TMR from Lloyd’s, where he has been head of class of business and subsequently interim head of underwriting performance.