John Hemmings has been promoted to CFO for Alfa Insurance. Hemmings, who will continue to serve as a senior vice president and chief investment officer, first joined Alfa in 1999 as a fixed income portfolio manager and was promoted to vice president of investments in 2006.
XL Catlin has opened its first Political Risk, Credit and Bond (PRCB) practice in Canada and appointed Marvin Azzopardi senior underwriter. Azzopardi joins from Zurich where he led the Canada Credit & Political Risk underwriting team.
Paul Mistretta has been appointed COO, insurance, overseeing all retail operations for Global Atlantic Financial Group. Mistretta was most recently with Symetra Life Insurance Company where he was senior vice president and COO.
The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. announced Michael D. Price has been elected to the company's board of directors, effective July 3, and will serve on the board's audit committee. Most recently, Price was president, CEO and deputy chairman of Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd., from 2005 until its acquisition by Renaissance Re Holdings Ltd. in 2015.
Richard Maher has been appointed IDP's vice president of sales. Prior to joining IDP, Maher held senior positions at IBM Cognos, SAP and Oracle, among others.
FCCI Insurance Group announced former Florida state Senator Lisa Carlton has been elected to FCCI's board of directors, effective July 1. Carlton is the co-owner and manager of Mabry Carlton Ranch Inc., an agricultural business in Sarasota County.
Wanda Becotte has been appointed tKg Wholesale Brokerage's senior underwriter, small business division serving its Southeastern region. Becotte joins from Southern Insurance Underwriters Inc.
The Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI) announced the following appointments:
- Mona Dooley - assistant vice presidents, federal government relations
- Kyle Glenn - assistant vice presidents, federal government relations
- Daniel Yi - executive assistant and program manager in the federal government relations office
- Margaret Labno - vice president, tax and accounting policy in the policy, research, and international department
Simon Burton has been appointed CEO of Greenlight Capital Re Ltd., a specialist property and casualty reinsurance company headquartered in the Cayman Islands, effective July 1. Burton previously served as CEO of SAC Re from its inception until its sale to Hamilton Insurance Group.
NJM Insurance Group announced the following promotions:
- Tracy A. McManimon - senior vice president & chief underwriting officer
- Alastair C. Shore - senior vice president & chief financial officer
- Carol L. Voorhees - vice president
- Dr. Virginia Gaskel - medical director
- Kate E. Ro, Esq. - director & assistant general counsel
- Jessica A. Schlee-Gilbert, Esq. - director & assistant corporate counsel
- Joseph Dotro - director
- Alan G. Eife - director
- John D. Rogers - director
- Christopher Saveriano - director
- Lisa A. Dileo - assistant treasurer