New York City-based RIMS announced the appointment of Julie Pemberton as president of the risk management professional association for 2016.
She is the director of enterprise risk and insurance management for Bellevue, Wash.-based self-service kiosk company Outerwall Inc. Pemberton has been a member of RIMS for more than 16 years, and has served on its board of directors for six years. She previously served as RIMS’s vice president, and she is a member of RIMS's Chicago Chapter.
“Every invention, every startup, every process, guideline, protocol and standard starts with an idea,” said Pemberton, at right. “Risk professionals’ responsibilities continue to evolve and are growing within their organizations. In addition to mitigating the impact of a risk, practitioners are initiating ideas and developing solutions to not only prevent unwanted risks but to embrace and enable risk taking that optimizes business growth.”
RIMS also named the other officers of its board for 2016:
- Vice president: Nowell R. Seaman, CIP, CRM, director of global risk management, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Treasuer: Jennifer Santiago, ARM, director of insurance, Novartis Corp.
- Secretary: Steve Pottle, CIP, CRM, director of risk management services, York University.
Joining the RIMS board are:
- Emily Cummins, CPA, CPCU, CISSP, ARM, ARE, managing director of tax and risk management, National Rifle Association.
- Barry Dillard, director of claims management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.
- Laura Langone, senior director of global risk management and insurance, PayPal, Inc. Holdings.
RIMS's other board members are:
- Gordon Adams of Servco Pacific Inc.
- Gloria Brosius, corporate risk manager, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings.
- Robert Cartwright Jr., CRM, safety and health manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC.
- Richard J. Roberts Jr., RF, ALCM, ARM, ARME, CPCU, director of risk management and employee benefits, Ensign-Bickford Industries Inc. (ex-officio).
- Janet Stein, director of risk management and insurance, University of Calgary
- Robert Zhang, China risk and compliance manager, Ikea (China) Investment Co. Ltd.
Check us out on Facebook and give us a Like!