John Leonard, president and CEO of Maine Employers Mutual Insurance Company (MEMIC) has been re-elected 2013 chair by the ACORD Board of Directors (www.acord.org). Lawrence Blakeman, an outside director, was also re-elected as the vice-chair. The announcements were made by ACORD's president and CEO Gregory A. Maciag.
Leonard began with MEMIC in 1993, the company's first year, after a lengthy career with The Travelers, where he led the Commercial Lines Agency Marketing and Underwriting Division.
He is a former president of the American Association of State Compensation Insurance Funds (AASCIF) and chairman of its executive committee. Leonard was the 2011 board chair for the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) and also served on its nominating and governance committee. He also serves as a member of the National Workers' Compensation Reinsurance Pool Board.
Blakeman served as senior vice president and CIO in MetLife's Information Technology group supporting the recently formed U.S. Business organization. In 2007, he was appointed senior vice president and CIO of Individual Business IT where he led information technology and operations for MetLife's Individual Business organizations. In 2008, he assumed the additional responsibility for the Auto & Home organization bringing together all IT support for the retail business under his leadership. In 2006, he took on responsibility for MetLife's enterprise data management and enterprise architecture functions.
In addition, ACORD added three new directors by membership election: Robert Humphreys, Lloyd's of London; Paul Malchow, MetLife; and Christof Mascher, Allianz SE.
The following is a complete listing of the 2013 Board of Directors:
• Chair: John Leonard, MEMIC
• Vice-Chair: Lawrence Blakeman, Outside Director
• Gregory A. Maciag, ACORD
• Steve Betts, Aon Corporation
• Sal Branca, AIG
• Mark Esposito, The Hartford
• David Findley, Outside Director
• Andy Fogarty, Outside Director
• Robert Humphreys, Lloyd’s of London
• Al Iuppa, Zurich
• Art Jetter, National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA)
• John Kellington, Cincinnati Financial
• Robert Kelly, Steadfast Group
• James Knight, Chubb & Son
• Barbara Koster, Prudential Financial
• Al Lagana, Travelers
• Frank Liu, China Life Insurance Company, Ltd.
• Dennis Mahoney, Outside Director
• Paul Malchow, MetLife
• Christoph Mascher, Allianz SE
• Samuel Medina, Willis Group Holdings
• William Pieroni, Marsh, Inc.
• Keith Savino, National Association of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA)
• Markus Schmid, Swiss Re
• Bob Slocum, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA)
• Achim Stegner, Munich Re