The MEMIC Group's president and CEO John Leonard has been re-elected by the ACORD Board of Directors (www.acord.org) as the 2012 chair. Lawrence Blakeman of MetLife was also re-elected as the board's vice-chair. The announcements were made by ACORD's President and CEO Gregory A. Maciag.
In addition, ACORD added three new directors by membership election: Steve Betts, Aon; Mark Esposito, The Hartford; and Al Lagana, Travelers.
Leonard is president and CEO of Maine Employers' Mutual Insurance Company (MEMIC) and MEMIC Indemnity Company. He began with MEMIC in 1993, the company's first year, after a lengthy career with The Travelers, where he led the Commercial Lines Agency Marketing and Underwriting Division.
He is a former president of the American Association of State Compensation Insurance Funds (AASCIF) and chairman of its executive committee. Leonard is also the current chair of the board of directors for the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) and is a member of its compensation and nominating/governance committees. Previously, he served as a member of the National Workers' Compensation Reinsurance Pool Board.
Blakeman is senior vice president and CIO in MetLife's Information Technology Group supporting the recently formed U.S. Business organization. In 2007, he was appointed senior vice president and CIO of Individual Business IT where he led information technology and operations for MetLife's Individual Business organizations.
In 2008, Blakeman assumed the additional responsibility for the Auto & Home organization bringing together all IT support for the retail business under his leadership. In 2006, he took on responsibility for MetLife's enterprise data management and enterprise architecture functions.
Other members of the 2012 board of directors include:
- Gregory A. Maciag, ACORD
- Sal Branca, Chartis
- Andrew G. Cassidy, Council of Independent Agents & Brokers
- Jeremy D. Cooke, Marsh, Inc.
- David Findley, outside director
- Andy Fogarty, outside director
- Al Iuppa,Zurich
- Art Jetter, National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies
- John Kellington,CincinnatiFinancial
- Robert Kelly, Steadfast Group
- James Knight, Chubb & Son
- Barbara Koster, Prudential Financial
- Sue Langley, Lloyd's of London
- Frank Liu, China Life Insurance Company
- Dennis Mahoney, Sciemus
- Samuel Medina, Willis Group Holdings
- William Pieroni, Marsh, Inc.
- Keith Savino, National Association of Professional Insurance Agents
- Markus Schmid, Swiss Re
- Bob Slocum, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers ofAmerica
- Achim Stegner,MunichRe
For a full listing of the 2012 Board of Directors along with photos and biographies, visit the ACORD website.