NU Online News Service, Oct. 11, 11:50 a.m. EDT
In a survey of independent agents, Frankenmuth Insurance topped the list of carriers that are easiest to do business with, says the consulting firm Deep Customer Connections.
The Acton, Mass.-based firm released the results of a survey of more than 8,000 agents that assessed the performance of over 200 property and casualty carriers in the firm’s 9th year of surveying agents.
Agent’s were asked to rate the ease of placing business with carriers based on 11 different factors. The factors include underwriting responsiveness, handling claims promptly, and making it easier for agents to work with policyholders. The survey index gauges a carrier’s performance against what independent agents rate as most important when choosing which carrier they will write business.
The factors were developed and validated with agents based on what is most important to them in making it easy to place business with carriers, Nort Salz, president of Deep Customer Connections says.
The carriers that earned overall “Top Ten” status for 2011 are, in rank order:
• Frankenmuth Insurance, Frankenmuth, Mich.
• SECURA Insurance Companies, Appleton, Wis.
• Acuity, Sheboygan, Mich.
• West Bend, West Bend, Wis.
• Penn National Insurance, Harrisburg, Pa.
• Germania Insurance, Brenham, Texas.
• Central Mutual Insurance Co., Van Wert, Ohio.
• Texas Mutual Insurance Co., Autin, Texas.
• North Star Mutual Insurance Co., Cottonwood, Minn.
• The Cincinnati Insurance Co., Fairfield, Ohio.